Alginate masks have become very popular in modern times. Many users are talking about the WOW effect of alginate masks. Booking appointments with beauticians and purchasing at-home masks in stores and online.
If you are not familiar with this procedure, keep reading about what you need to know about alginate masks, how to apply them correctly, and avoiding mistakes when using them!
What is an alginate mask?
This is an innovative cosmetic product made from brown seaweed, which is a source of substances valuable for the skin containing alginic acid, vitamins, proteins, minerals, and macronutrients.
It is a natural sorbent that absorbs toxins. As a result of using an alginate mask, toxins draw out from the skin, moisture and nutrients saturate the skin’s deep layers of the epidermis.
Using an alginate mask is one of the most effective ways to restore your skin’s firmness and elasticity.
Indications for use:
- Prevention of skin aging
- Dry, oily, and atonic skin
- Elimination of toxins
What are the different types of alginate masks for your face?
Natural masks use no additives and may help eliminate inflammation and improve turgor which means Pressure exerted by fluid in a cell that presses the cell membrane against the cell wall. In addition, to medicinal preparations since they enhance their effect.
Collagen Masks may smooth wrinkles, helps to improve elasticity, and give your skin smoothness.
Vitamin C Masks may help to even out your complexion and lighten pigmentation.
Herbal ingredients Masks mainly used for deep cleansing, detoxification, and skin hydration.
How to use an alginate mask?
1. Alginate masks should be applied lying horizontally with the face and torso facing up. If you are going to do the procedure at home, ask someone to help you with this.
Its possible that gravity may damage your skin, so instead of the lifting effect, you may get additional wrinkles and folds. After applying the product to your face Lay in a relaxed position for 15-20 minutes.
2. Before applying an alginate mask, it’s recommended to cleanse your face thoroughly, and apply a serum or cream. During the cosmetic procedure, the beneficial substances contained in the serum will penetrate deeper and the effect will be beneficial.
3. The mask is applied to the entire face, including the eyelids, lips, chin, neck, and décolleté. Why? However, the mask raises the upper eyelid and can correct the jawline. Promoting the lifting effect, and smoothes wrinkles and folds.
4. The alginate mask prepared for application has the consistency of thick sour cream without lumps. Distributed with a special spatula and advised not to spread with your fingers or a brush. Along the massage lines with a thick layer in the direction from the chin to the forehead.
5. It is necessary to remove the alginate mask from the bottom up, and at the end of the procedure, you can use a tonic or your favorite cream.
In conclusion, 5 sessions is the optimal course of application when using alginate masks for your skin.
Photo by Anna Shvets